Thursday, October 03, 2013

Retail Therapy

My last week has been very stressful, so when I got an email from my local fabric shop announcing 4 DAY SALE, I knew what I had to do :)

I've been sorting my stash a little lately - I know I have, but to the onlooker they may not see my progress.  Piles of fabric covering a fairly large floor area = sorting to me :)

So off I chuffed in my lunch break...I'm lucky enough to work in the next suburb...for a bit of light relief from a fairly harrowing office environment lately. Having recently sorted I identified a few gaps in my stash...and a sale coinciding with pay week...what serendipitous timing.  The planets have aligned and spend I must :)

Down to Materialise I drove...and here is my stash builder collection



I know you can feel my glee and hear my squeals of happiness and delight.

Here is the hero piece of the day....


The bolt had just arrived and it leapt into my arms.

All in all I think I was fairly restrained...with 20% off EVERY bolt in the store, I may have to venture back...I mean after all....it's an investment in my future......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're so cute, love your work & your fabric choices. I agree the HERO of the day was also my hero too! I went home and made Liberty girl a new pair of harem style pants. She wore them today & they looked ultra cute, I couldn't stop looking at her. I think it's the colour combinations and then the design all jacobean and interwoven...... xx.