Friday, November 22, 2013

Snippets from my little corner of the world

 
So a little itty bit of sewing has been going on in my little corner.  A few more blocks sewn for my scrappy 9 patch above.
 
A quilt top pinned and ready to be hand quilted...exciting ...it will be my first attempt.  I'm a bit nervous and not sure how to begin, so I'll watch a few online tutorials first I think, but I have cotton, needles and hoop at the ready.




In the space on the mezzanine where I work I have my knick knacks collected during my childhood and my travels.  Each one of them is a very special memory.  Here's foxy.  A little ceramic red fox.  I just love his attitude! He was given to me by one of my English Great Aunts, arriving in an oh-so-exciting-Christmas package one year.  We were so lucky with the generosity of our English rellies.  Packages would arrive via sea mail every year and be placed under the tree tantalising us in the lead up to Christmas.
 
 

 
 
 
And so I digress from my progress report.  Another 2 blocks for my Scrappy Trip Around the World...below.

 
And here's where I sit and hexie away.  Pamela one of my childhood dolls keeps me company in her rocking chair.
 


No comments: