Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Knitting frustration

 
What am I doing wrong - I'm sure the neck isn't meant to look like this after you've picked up stitches around the neckline!!  I tried you-tubing a video tutorial but obviously I'm still wrong.  It looks ok around the back of the neck, but jeez it was hard getting the needle through to knit a stitch.  It's the front panels where I've decreased that are not right. 
 
Maybe it doesn't matter in the long run.  I'd just like to know I had the right technique for future project.  It's so long since I knitted a garment, I'm way out of practice.  My knitting has been hats, bags and 1/3 of a sock more recently. This is for a wee bairn in Scotland.
 
If only I lived near my mum, who could show me what I was doing wrong.  I will take it to the local wool shop and see if they can enlighten me.  I love the colour, so happy for a bonnie little girl.
 
 
 




 
a lovely rose on one of my morning walks.  Soon it will be time to prune them all back.

 
Autumn colour up the street from me.  Look at the tree right beside it.  It's a Maple Tree too and was the most amazing dark red colour, darker than it's neighbour.  But it lost all its leaves much more quickly.

No comments: