Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Progress Report




 
I think I've settled on the half log cabin design for the quilt as per the above blocks, which are all different sizes - in typical me style :)  Each block will represent a different facet of farm and domestic life? I love all the fabrics I've used - the domestic block with apron, baking, knitting, coffee and tea pots...
 
I began by making a few different blocks below, but didn't feel it was coming together as I wanted it too and I wasn't sure how to link all my different ideas.  A lot of the fabrics are quite different tones and tricky to link.  The pattern of the half log cabin is probably the common denominator and serves to link the blocks when the fabrics are so different.
 
I love the ute below, but I will unpick and re-do as a half log cabin. The same for the initials ...
 



 
 
 
What do you think... are you with me......the half log cabin? Can you see it coming together that way?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Susie-Pop
This is sooo pretty! I love it! Can't wait to see the finished product.
Love you. xox