Thursday, September 05, 2013

Day in Doha - Part 2 - Sensory overload at the Souk

Just in case you're wondering if I was ever going to continue with my Doha post...yes!  Sit back and enjoy..... here is my second instalment of photos....
 
Great flooring in places
 
 
Souk fabric shops...I was not allowed in :) my sister kept me moving....
 

 
 
Perfect refreshments

 
Pet shop ... Bunnies for sale

 
Camel wool anyone?


 
 
You will never guess what this shopper is doing? She's withdrawing money from an ATM.  All of them are elaborately encased in these fantastic structures.  On my next visit I will photograph the various styles.  Absolutely brilliant ..


 
 
My fantastic nieces...so much fun...
 


 
Sweet treats...check out the nougat...yum!


Choose your weapon! 


 
Waiting for the obligatory cheese pancakes...


 
Souk colour

I so regret not buying my Arabian night slippers...


Legumes, nuts, seeds, spices, lollies....
 

 
 

 
Pipes
 

Tiles...oh the tiles...somewhere deep inside me is the burning desire to live in a Moroccan tiled mansion.  I know I was in Doha, but I see tiles and simply SWOON...
 


Building fretwork
 

 
 
Men in white, women in black
 

 
Gorgeous hats
 
 
Honestly, the vibrancy of life was so infectious...our conventional lifestyle seemed so flat amongst the night market.  I felt stimulated and excited and so lucky to be in a position to experience another culture.  It fed every creative fibre of my being.
 

No comments: