Thursday, February 18, 2010

Life is like a box of chocolates...


My new boss presented me with a gift to day - a celebration of me joining the company. I have never ever in all my working life been presented with a welcome gift. It was a box of chocolates. I am really touched. How sweet is that? A beautiful, simple gesture - it made me feel really warm and fuzzy and special Rembering the line from Forest Gump - life is like a bunch of chocolates - you never know what you're going to get... my new boss has told me everyday of my first week how well I'm doing. Contrast that to my last horror boss at Scoop Publishing who in 5 months was never able to say an encouraging word. Yes I believe I'm in the right place. So many decisions in life are a leap of faith - the outcome completely unpredictable - but I feel very reassured today that I have made a good decision and a positive step in my working life and can put the horror of the psycho boss down to experience.

No comments: