Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Quilt #2






This is my second ever quilt top. I was inspired by our recycled brick feature fence/wall so I used Amy Butler's free Brick Path Quilt pattern from her website. I have gone for a bolder, wilder look using Kaffe Fassett and Philip Jacobs fabric which I love, love love. I feel so so happy everytime I look at this quilt top. I'm wandering through a beautiful, inspiring garden every time I look at it. I have a cottage in the garden which will be used to house visitors when the renovation is complete and I think this will find a home there looking out at my garden. I'm having it professionally quilted, even though I am practising my free motion quilting - I'm not confident enough yet to embark on a quilt top. The backing is an Anna Maria Horner fabric, - binding not yet decided. I'm finishing it more traditionally than Amy's pattern outlines as I want the soft pouffy feel when I wrap myself in it.

1 comment:

Cultural Histories - Ideology and the Other said...

This is gorgeous, Sue. Congrats on your new job!